Travel by motorcoach for a narrated tour that begins with stories about the famous and foolhardy who lived in Skagway during its gold rush era. Then hit the Klondike Highway and travel up to the White Pass Summit, passing historical points of interest such as Pitchfork Falls and Dead Horse Gulch. On the ride back to town, visit Gold Rush Cemetery, the final resting place for many of Skagway’s most colorful characters.
• Downtown Skagway: Enjoy nuggets of gold rush history and folklore, tales of heroism, villainy and Alaska small-town life.
• White Pass Summit: Follow in the footsteps of Klondike gold stampeders and travel 3,290 feet above sea level to this fabled spot.
• Gold Rush Cemetery: Hear about the legendary duel between Soapy Smith and Frank Reid.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• This excursion crosses the US/Canadian border.
• Guests are required to carry their passport, and visa if required.
• Written consent required for children traveling into Canada without both parents.
• With climatic changes, no guarantee is given for viewing areas.