Discover the maritime City of Toulon, nestled between the Mount Faron and the Mediterranean Sea, through a charming guided walking tour in the old town's small streets and lovely squares.
Discover the maritime City of Toulon, nestling between the Mount Faron and the Mediterranean Sea, through a charming guided walking tour in the old town's small streets and lovely squares.
- Port of Toulon
- Naval Museum entrance gate
- Drop off at Cours Lafayette market (morning departures only).
The Boat shuttle will take you from the military port to the town.
Discover the maritime City of Toulon, nestled between the Mount Faron and the Mediterranean Sea. Get to know this charming town through a guided walking tour in the old town's small streets and lovely squares.
Start on the quay promenade lined with cafés and restaurants and admire the 17th century sculptures from Marseille-born artist Pierre Puget and the 19th century statue of the Genie de la navigation. Continue to the quarter of the Naval Base with its naval museum, the 17th century rope factory and the Place d'Armes. Further, you will see: Saint-Louis church in neo-classicism-style, the monumental façade of the 19th. century Opera House, Pierre-Puget-square with its green-covered fountain, Saint Vincent square with its authentic wash-house, the cathedral Sainte-Marie de la Seds etc.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port.
- Camera and cash for shopping (most stores Euros only or credit cards)
- Sun protection, sunglasses.
What to Wear:
- Strongly recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Morning tour departures will end their tour at the Cours Lafayette-market, one of the biggest and most beautiful Provencal markets.
- Shops are closed on Sundays & bank holidays.
- Round tip boat ticket is included.