Monaco & Monte Carlo - VF11
OVERVIEW: This tour visits both landmarks of the Principality of Monaco, Old Monaco and Monte Carlo.
HIGHLIGHTS: Visit Old Monaco and its pedestrian streets filled with souvenir shops and memorabilia from the Grand Prix. Visit MonteCarlo and its Casino Square (entrance not included, only open in the afternoon). Enjoy a scenic drive along the coast of the French Riviera. NOTES: This tour includes very extensive walking on inclined and cobblestone streets.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
Take in the essential sights of the glamorous Principality of Monaco. Following a scenic drive through the French Riviera, stroll through Monaco's old town, "Le Rocher," and discover landmarks, such as the Prince's Palace and the Romanesque Cathedral. Then head along a section of the Grand Prix Motor Race route to the modern, cosmopolitan district of Monte Carlo, where you will have approximately 1 hour to independently explore the exclusive Casino Square and sophisticated Grand Casino.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
• Monaco: Discover landmarks, including the Prince's Palace and Cathedral, on a guided walk through Old Town Monaco, "Le Rocher."
• Monte Carlo: In Monaco's elegant district of Monte Carlo, enjoy approximately 1 hour to independently explore the Grand Casino.
• Scenic Drive: Admire the picturesque landscape of the famed French Riviera on the Corniche roads between Villefranche and Monaco.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over varied surfaces and climb 75-80 stairs.
• Bus parking in both Old Monaco and Monte Carlo is underground.
• Guests may not remain on the bus. Bus access to Old Monaco and Monte Carlo is strictly regulated, even moreso during the Grand Prix, when Monte Carlo may only be reached via public shuttle.
• During the race periods, expect more traffic, bigger crowds and longer wait times.
• Entrance fees to the Grand Casino are not included (10EUR).
• No video or photography inside the Grand Casino. Guests who wish to gamble in the Grand Casino must present a passport, be over 18 years of age and properly dressed.
• Guests may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras and/or personal water bottles at select attractions.
• There is an approximately 1-hour drive, each way, between Villefranche and Monaco/Monte Carlo, depending on traffic.
• Serenade of the Seas October 31, 2014 call will not visit Monte Carlo, however, will have an additional hour of free time in Monaco.