See full description for complete details, important notes and disclaimers on this full-day Lisbon, Sintra & Cascais tour with lunch from Lisbon, Portugal.
Discover Portugal's beautiful Estoril Coast on a scenic drive that includes two of its premier resort towns. Stroll the cobblestone streets, shops and yacht harbor of cosmopolitan Cascais. See the facade of the stunning National Palace in Sintra, once the summer residence of Portugal's royal family. Stand on the continent's most westerly point at the lighthouse of Cape Roca. Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant, and visit the 16th-century Jeronimos Monastery and stop at the iconic Belem Tower for a picture.
• Cascais: Explore quaint lace shops and stroll the cobblestone streets and yacht harbor of this cosmopolitan beach town.
• Sintra: Enjoy free time to explore this town centre, and enjoy a traditional Portuguese lunch at a local restaurant.
• Estoril Coastal Drive: Stand on the continent's westernmost point at Cape Roca; visit 16th-century Jeronimos Monastery, and Belem Tower.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate conservative clothing
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately three-quarters of a mile over cobblestone surfaces, with 10 to 25 steps at each venue.
• Interior visits to Jeronimos Church are not available Sunday mornings, and is closed on Mondays.
• When church is closed, guides give commentary outside.
• No exposed shoulders or knees at religious sites.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Due to ship’s short time at port, an alternate version of this tour will be offered for the Navigator May 17, 2016 and Independence October 5, 2016 sailing.
• Ongoing restoration/maintenance work is currently being carried out at Jeronimos church.
• Interior visits to Jeronimos Church are dependent on religious ceremonies that may take place without prior notice.