Declared a national park in 1954, the Parque Nacional de las Ca˝adas del Teide includes an enormous volcanic crater 30 miles in circumference, from which rises Mount Teide at a staggering 12,200 feet, making it the highest peak in Spain. Mount Teide National Park offers one of the most spectacular examples of volcanism in the world and represents the best example of volcanic ecosystem in the Canary Islands. Be delighted with these great examples of natural endemic richness found on the island.
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Photo stops at viewpoints
- Panoramic drive
Discover the beauty of Tenerife during this half-day panoramic drive through the forests and moonscapes. Declared a national park in 1954, the Parque Nacional de las Cañadas del Teide includes an enormous volcanic crater 30 miles (48 km) in circumference; out of which rises Mount Teide at a staggering 12,200 feet (3,718 metres), making it the highest peak in all of Spain.
The Mount Teide National Park offers one of the most spectacular examples of volcanism in the world and represents the best example of a volcanic ecosystem in the Canary Islands. The park has an area of 18,990 hectares and was named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO on June 29, 2007. Your guide will offer intriguing information regarding the creation of this unique landscape.
Stop for photos along the route and enjoy the unique scenery during your panoramic drive.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
- Camera and cash for gratuities and souvenirs
- Sun protection
What to Wear:
- Strongly recommend wearing seasonal clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Due to the high altitude (2,300 meters) reached during this tour it is not recommended for guests who may suffer from heart disease or breathing difficulties as the air will be thinner.
- Air-conditioned coach is equipped with safety belts that must be worn while the coach is in motion.
- Photo stop areas may be uneven surfaces, cobbled or gravel path and guests with walking limitations may opt to stay on the coach.