OVERVIEW: The charming atmosphere, great location and wonderful cuisine make Sorrento a popular destination. Combine it with the archaeological ruins of Pompeii for an unforgettable experience.
HIGHLIGHTS: Visit a typical Sorrento farmhouse to learn about the olive oil processing and making mozzarella and enjoy a taste of local specialties. Visit the town of Sorrento and stroll along its flower-filled streets. Explore Pompeii, one of the world's amazing archaeological wonders.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over cobblestone and even and uneven ground with steep inclines and approximately 20 - 25 steps.
Delight in the sights and flavors of Italy's Coast of Sorrento at a rural farmhouse, then explore the ill-fated history of the ancient citizens of Pompeii. Relax in a Sorrento farmhouse, learn about cheese and olive oil production, then taste fresh mozzarella and salami. Roam freely around picturesque Sorrento, peeking in gift shops or enjoying lunch in a trattoria on your own. Tour archeological ruins of Pompeii in a historical exploration that will amaze you.
• Farmhouse Tasting: Savor a selection of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and Italian meats while relaxing in Sorrento.
• Sorrento: Spend 1-1/2 hours exploring the breathtaking seaside village, shopping for souvenirs, or dining beachside on Italian cuisine.
• Pompeii: Visit the site of tragic destruction in the ancient town buried by ash and lava from Mount Vesuvius.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges must not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over cobblestones and uneven ground in Pompeii with a steep incline at entrance with 20-25 steps.
• Guests must climb a narrow, uneven street with several steps at farmhouse entrance. Lunch not included.
• Drive between Naples and Sorrento approximately 1-1/2 hours.
• Drive between Pompeii and Naples approximately 30 minutes.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Tour sequence may vary.
• Time permitting, guests will visit a cameo factory either before of after the visit to the excavations.