OVERVIEW: The charming atmosphere, great location and wonderful cuisine make Sorrento a popular destination. Combine it with the archaeological ruins of Pompeii for an unforgettable experience.
HIGHLIGHTS: Visit a typical Sorrento farmhouse to learn about the olive oil processing and making mozzarella and enjoy a taste of local specialties. Visit the town of Sorrento and stroll along its flower-filled streets. Explore Pompeii, one of the world's amazing archaeological wonders.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over cobblestone and even and uneven ground with steep inclines and approximately 20 - 25 steps.
Delight in the sights and flavors of Italy's Coast of Sorrento at a rural farmhouse, then explore the ill-fated history of the ancient citizens of Pompeii. Relax in a Sorrento farmhouse, learn about cheese and olive oil production, then taste fresh mozzarella and salami. Roam freely around picturesque Sorrento, peeking in gift shops or enjoying lunch in a trattoria on your own. Tour archeological ruins of Pompeii in a historical exploration that will amaze you.
• Farmhouse Tasting: Savor a selection of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and Italian meats while relaxing in Sorrento.
• Sorrento: Spend 1-1/2 hours exploring the breathtaking seaside village, shopping for souvenirs, or dining beachside on Italian cuisine.
• Pompeii: Visit the site of tragic destruction in the ancient town buried by ash and lava from Mount Vesuvius.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges must not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over cobblestones and uneven ground in Pompeii with a steep incline at entrance with 20-25 steps.
• Guests must climb a narrow, uneven street with several steps at farmhouse entrance. Lunch not included.
• Drive between Naples and Sorrento approximately 1-1/2 hours.
• Drive between Pompeii and Naples approximately 30 minutes.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Tour sequence may vary.
• Time permitting, guests will visit a cameo factory either before of after the visit to the excavations.
• Tour sequences may vary.
• For security reasons, it is forbidden to enter inside Pompeii excavations with big bags, backpacks or trolleys. Please be aware that neither lockers are not available at the entrance of the excavations.