Explore France’s second-largest and oldest city, Marseille. Trace the historical and cultural fusion of this diverse region at the MuCEM museum. Your two-and-a-half-hour walking tour includes the oldest part of the city, Le Panier, where you’ll see the Cathedral La Major, founded in the 4th century, as well as the Hôtel Dieu, a hospital dating back to the 16th century and the famous La Canebière, known as Marseille’s Champs-Élysées. Plus taste a local specialty at the end of the tour.
• MuCEM: Opened in 2013, this museum celebrates the history, culture and fusions of European and Mediterranean civilizations.
• Hôtel Dieu: Built shortly after a major outbreak of the plague, this 16th-century hospital is being transformed into a hotel.
• La Canebière: Grand and historic, this main street begins at the Old Port, Marseille’s natural harbor that dates from antiquity.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Special Offer for reduced pricing applies to select Mediterranean tours that are booked May 3-31, 2016. Tours must be booked prior to cruise departure date. Offer is subject to availability and applies to new tour bookings.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.