Journey back in time to the beautiful island village of Valldemossa and discover the ancient La Cartuja monastery. Once a royal hunting lodge, the monastery was later inhabited by Carthusian monks. In 1838 it became the chosen sanctuary of composer Frederick Chopin and writer Georges Sand. Visit to La Cartuja and enjoy a 10 minute piano concert. Enjoy approximately 30 minutes of free time for shopping and conclude your day with a visit to La Fiore were you can experience traditional and contemporary designed blown glass.
• Valldemossa: A beautiful and typical village nestled in the northern mountain valley range.
• La Cartuja Monastery: Enjoy a guided tour of the former monastery, once home to Polish composer Chopin and French writer George Sand.
• Art and Artifacts: See a preserved medieval pharmacy; or visit ornate palace rooms in the museum.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Valldemossa is not wheelchair accessible.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-quarter mile over even and cobblestone paths with 10 to 20 steps.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 30 minutes of free time.