Experience Marseille's vibrant, multi-cultural history and rich maritime heritage, on this tour of the city's highlights. On a visit to Notre Dame de la Garde, the imposing Neo-Byzantine basilica that overlooks the city, see the offerings left by sailors and fishermen seeking divine protection. Then explore the colorful, historic harbor, Vieux Port-Marseille's heart and soul.
• Notre Dame de La Garde: Visit this Neo-Byzantine basilica overlooking Marseille, and see offerings left by sailors seeking protection.
• Vieux Port: Admire colorful docked boats and magnificent views of the city, as you explore Marseille's historic old harbor.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to climb approximately 200 stairs.
• Shops are closed on Sundays and bank holidays.
• For the Explorer of the Seas sailing August 9, 2015, the visit to the basilica of Notre Dame de La Garde will be replaced with a visit to Longchamp Palace.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.