Your tour will start at the pier of the MUCEM Museum modern part of the port area. Your guide will lead you to the oldest part of the city Le Panier where you will see Cathedral La Mayor , Vieille Charité center , Hotel Dieu , Jardin des Vestige and old port with famous Canebiere where you will have a tasting of local speciality, before your time on your own or going back to the ship.
Explore France’s second-largest and oldest city, Marseille. Trace the historical and cultural fusion of this diverse region at the MuCEM museum. Your two-and-a-half-hour tour includes the oldest part of the city, Le Panier, where you’ll see the Cathedral La Major, founded in the 4th century, as well as the Hôtel Dieu, a hospital dating back to the 16th century. Plus taste a local specialty at the famous La Canebière, known as Marseille’s Champs-Élysées.
• MuCEM: Opened in 2013, this museum celebrates the history, culture and fusions of European and Mediterranean civilizations.
• Hôtel Dieu: Built shortly after a major outbreak of the plague, this 16th-century hospital is being transformed into a hotel.
• La Canebière: Grand and historic, this main street begins at the Old Port, Marseille’s natural harbor that dates from antiquity.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.