Take a coach tour from Geiranger up the mountain to Djupvasshytta Lodge. Now gear up to bike back down! It's a 4000-foot decent and you decide how fast or slow to take it. Stop at the recommended scenic overlooks, snap a few photos, hop back on, and go. Your entire adventure is gravity assisted, making it both easy and exciting. Enjoy the views, fresh air, and exhilarating sensation of biking from the sky to Geirangerfjord. A guide will be with guest for the duration of the tour, however guests can ride the bike as fast as they want and do extra stops on their own. Equipment (bike, helmet, gloves, visibility vest, map) are included. The minimum age to participate on this tour is 12 years old
A scenic coach tour of an incredible mountain complemented by relaxing bike ride on the return is yours to experience on this journey. Admire the beauty of Geiranger’s quaint octagonal church, and fjord vistas as your coach climbs the mountain. At Djupvasshytte Mountain Lodge, board your bicycle and descend at your own pace – with or without a guide - stopping to snap beautiful pictures. Don’t miss this fairytale landscape of steep cliffs, farms and valleys.
• Djupvasshytte Mountain Lodge: Delight in the fjord’s monumental beauty surrounding this rustic lodge built 3379 feet above sea level.
• Flydalsjuvet viewpoint: Soak in a spectacular view of Geiranger and the fjord from this lofty perch amid steep mountains.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Warm, windproof jacket
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Children ages 12 to 16 must be accompanied by parent; guests must be at least age 12 to participate.
• Bike, helmet, gloves, visibility vest, map included.