A guided walk will take you past historic buildings, cozy cafés and art galleries. You will see Engebret's Café. Cool down during your walk with an ice-cold drink at Oslo's newest attraction—the Ice Bar. You will be first provided with warm clothing before entering the bar where everything—walls, bar counter, furniture and decorations—is made from 60 tons of ice.
Take a walking tour of Oslo’s landmarks, topped off with a drink at the ice bar. Your guide takes you through Norway’s modern capital with its historic buildings and greenery -- more than half the city is covered by forests and parks – and along the wide bustling Karl Johans Gate. You also pass the National Theatre, the magnificent Royal Palace and Akershus Fortress, and stop to cool down at the unusual ice bar.
• Karl Johans Gate: Travel down Oslo’s lively, main thoroughfare lined with landmarks, shops and bars.
• Akershus Fortress: View the grounds of this medieval castle. Once a royal residence, it was originally built in 1300.
• Ice Bar: Sip a drink at Oslo's newest attraction where the entire interior is made from 60 tons of ice.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk about 1.6 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces with inclines.
• Parent or guardian must accompany children under 16.
• Warm clothing will be provided for ice bar visit.