This is a tour that offers a combination of wonderful scenery, picturesque fjord villages, culture and traditions. There will be a refreshing coffee stop during the tour and drive across the mountain on the Snow Road where you may have chance to see some snow as well.
Travel back in time to an 18th-century fishing village and return on the famous road through snowy mountains, with refreshment and photo stops. You’ll drive through majestic fjord landscapes to Laerdal, where 161 traditional Norwegian wood homes have been carefully preserved, many now occupied by shops. Visit the Wild Salmon Center, dedicated to the region’s fishing heritage. And marvel at the wood construction and intricate carvings of Borgund Stave Church, dating back 800 years.
• Laerdal: Visit a living cultural museum of 161 classic Norwegian homes and the Wild Salmon Center on Laerdal River.
• Borgund Church: Admire the dragons carved into the wood of Norway’s best preserved stave church, built 800 years ago.
• Snow Road: Enjoy spectacular views of snow-covered peaks from this old road high up in the mountains.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.25 mile over even and gravel surfaces, with a few steps.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 15 minutes for shopping in Laerdal.
• The drive to and from Laerdal takes approximately 2 hours, depending on traffic.