Trek through the Norwegian wild to Briksdal Glacier, an arm of the largest glacier in continental Europe. You'll hike along river paths and see gentle waterfalls created by the melting ice. A final stretch past a small lake speckled with ice floes takes you to your destination, Briksdal Glacier. Soak up the views. Snap some great photos. Then, hike back to the Briksdal Mountain Lodge where you'll warm up with hot coffee and homemade cakes. Note: Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles uphill over dirt and stone hiking paths at the Briksdal Glacier. A limited number of electrical cars are available at an additional cost for guests who need additional assistance.
Experience Norway’s natural beauty on a riverside hike of the famous Briksdal Glacier, the largest arm of Jostedal Glacier, the largest glacier in mainland Europe. Marvel at wildflower meadows, misting waterfalls and granite mountains as you hike through the valley to a spot where blue-white glacial ice dips into a small lake speckled with ice floes. After the hike, enjoy homemade cakes and a hot beverage at Briksdal Mountain Lodge with stunning valley views.
• Scenic Drive: Enjoy views of Olden’s river and emerald-green meltwater lake on the way to your hike.
• Glacier Hike: Follow the river past rugged mountains and splashing waterfalls to a small lake below blue-white glacier ice.
• Briksdal Mountain Lodge: Enjoy homemade cakes and coffee or tea with gorgeous valley views and time for souvenir shopping.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Wind/water-resistant jacket
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles uphill over dirt and stone hiking paths at the Briksdal Glacier.
• A limited number of electrical cars are available at additional cost for guests who need walking assistance, but all guests must be able to walk the last 10 minutes to reach the view of glacier. Cars cannot be booked in advance and the fee is paid directly to the driver.
• Guests should be aware that there are certain inherent risks involved in any hiking excursion.