For approximately 1 hour, your coach will travel the winding roads through the Kjenndal Valley, described as one of the wildest in Norway, with its high mountain walls and the beautiful emerald green Lake Loen before reaching your destination, Kjenndalen. A 10-minute walk will take you close to the glacier, which lies surrounded by high peaks. Having enjoyed the fantastic sight, the bus will return to your ship following the same route.
Discover the splashing falls, streams, mountains and ice sheets of Kjenndalsbreen, a branch of Europe's largest glacier. You'll drive a winding road through Kjenndal Valley and its untamed overgrowth of colorful wildflowers and sloping hillsides. See the shimmering waters of Lake Loen, turned a rich emerald green by clay and rock dust swept in by glacial rivers. Walk along the majestic Kjenndal Glacier and its alternating patches of bare rock, green trees and blue-grey ice.
• Kjenndal Valley Scenic Drive: See colorful wildflowers, verdant hillsides, outcroppings of grey rock and emerald-green Lake Loen.
• Glacier Walk: Walk between towering mountain peaks along the Kjenndalsbreen, its gleaming ice sheet frozen in mid-flow.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Backpack for, weather gear and water bottle
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately half a mile over varying terrain and inclines.
• There are certain inherent risks involved in any hiking excursion.
• Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.