For approximately 1 hour, your coach will travel the winding roads through the Kjenndal Valley, described as one of the wildest in Norway, with its high mountain walls and the beautiful emerald green Lake Loen before reaching your destination, Kjenndalen. A 10-minute walk will take you close to the glacier, which lies surrounded by high peaks. Having enjoyed the fantastic sight, the bus will return to your ship following the same route.
Discover the splashing falls, streams, mountains and ice sheets of Kjenndalsbreen, a branch of Europe's largest glacier. You'll drive a winding road through Kjenndal Valley and its untamed overgrowth of colorful wildflowers and sloping hillsides. See the shimmering waters of Lake Loen, turned a rich emerald green by clay and rock dust swept in by glacial rivers. Walk along the majestic Kjenndal Glacier and its alternating patches of bare rock, green trees and blue-grey ice.
• Kjenndal Valley Scenic Drive: See colorful wildflowers, verdant hillsides, outcroppings of grey rock and emerald-green Lake Loen.
• Glacier Walk: Walk between towering mountain peaks along the Kjenndalsbreen, its gleaming ice sheet frozen in mid-flow.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Backpack for, weather gear and water bottle
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Kids Tour Free: Offer applies to select tours conducted between 5/1/16 and 8/31/16. With the purchase of one adult ticket for a qualifying tour, receive one complimentary child ticket for the same tour. Offer applies to tours purchased up to two days prior to cruise departure: the complimentary ticket will be issued in the form of an onboard credit (“OBC”) in the amount of the child ticket price. Child must be 12 years of age or under. Ticketed adult and child must be booked in the same stateroom. Selection of qualifying tours vary by sailing and port. Offer and tours are subject to availability. OBC will be applied to the guest's folio, is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferrable, and will expire at 10:00PM on the final night of the sailing. No tour substitutions.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately half a mile over varying terrain and inclines.
• There are certain inherent risks involved in any hiking excursion.
• Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Tour will operate in all weather conditions