Discover the splashing falls, streams, mountains and ice sheets of Kjenndalsbreen, a branch of Europe's largest glacier. You'll drive a winding road through Kjenndal Valley and its untamed overgrowth of colorful wildflowers and sloping hillsides. See the shimmering waters of Lake Loen, turned a rich emerald green by clay and rock dust swept in by glacial rivers. Walk along the majestic Kjenndal Glacier and its alternating patches of bare rock, green trees and blue-grey ice.
• Kjenndal Valley Scenic Drive: See colorful wildflowers, verdant hillsides, outcroppings of grey rock and emerald-green Lake Loen.
• Glacier Walk: Walk between towering mountain peaks along the Kjenndalsbreen, its gleaming ice sheet frozen in mid-flow.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Backpack for, weather gear and water bottle
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately half a mile over varying terrain and inclines.
• There are certain inherent risks involved in any hiking excursion.
• Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Tour will operate in all weather conditions