Pass through the gates of the Old Town and be transported back in time. Your guide will explain the history and point of architectural details as you stroll the cobblestone streets. Includes commentated interior visits of the Palace of the Grand Master and the Hospital of the Knights, now a museum.
Notes: Guests must walk approx 2 miles over even, uneven surfaces, inclines & 80+ steps. Guests have approx 30 mins for shopping on Sokrate's Street before going to Marine Gate to return to ship. Flash photos not permitted in Grand Masters Palace.
Cross the gates of Old Town and step back into antiquity. Stroll the maze of cobblestone streets, remnants of the Byzantine Empire, as you enjoy commentated visits inside the Palace of the Grand Master (one of the few examples of Gothic architecture in Greece) and the Hospital of the Knights. Includes 30 minutes of shopping on Sokrate’s Street.
• Tour the Palace of the Grand Master: This early 14th-century medieval structure served as a citadel of the Knights Hospitaller.
• Hospital of the Knights: Now the Archaeological Museum of Rhodes, tour a treasure trove of Knights Hospitaller and Islamic art.
• Three-and-a-half-hour tour: Enjoy plenty of time to take in the sights plus 30 minutes to shop for gifts and souvenirs.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Flash photos not permitted in Palace of the Grand Master.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must walk about 2 miles over even and uneven surfaces, inclines and more than 80 steps.
• Guests with preexisting neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions, or any other medical condition, must take particular caution when selecting a tour, particularly tours categorized as “strenuous.”
• Guests must consult with their physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.