See the windswept landscapes and dramatic coast line of Shetland on a panoramic tour. The scenery includes spectacular meadows of wild flowers, farms, pastures where the distinctive black and brown sheep graze, and the island of Mousa, home to a 2,000 year old tower. On the Atlantic side, see St. Ninian's Isle and white sandy beaches and hear the story of treasure buried by the ancient Picts. Your local guide will tell more tales on the return to Lerwick. There are no stops during this two-hour excursion.
Discover the rugged beauty of the Shetland Islands and see an Iron-Age stone tower on this guided motorcoach tour. You’ll see wildflower meadows on the way to Aithsetter, where brown and black Shetland sheep graze in pastures enclosed by walls of stone. See the 43 ft.-tall Mousa Broche, built about 2,000 years ago. Crossing to the Atlantic Coast, you’ll see the white-sand beaches of St. Ninian’s Isle and learn about ancient Shetland heritage and folklore.
• Narrated Drive: See the Shetland’s dramatic moors, meadows and cliffs as your guide shares local history and folklore.
• Mousa Broch: Gaze across Mousa Sound to this mysterious stone tower, jutting up 43 feet above Mousa Island.
• Lerwick: See the charming main Shetland town of Lerwick as it hugs the water’s edge.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Due to weather conditions, Mousa Sound may not always be visible.