Discover the rugged land and seascapes, agricultural areas, hamlets, villages and the island's famous ponies from the comfort of the motor coach. Your route will take you across the narrow strip of land at Mavis Grind where the North Sea and Atlantic Ocean seem to meet and cut the Mainland Shetland in two.
Relax in motorcoach comfort on a guided drive to the broad cliffs of Eshaness. You’ll ride through the communities of Voe and Brae on the way to Mavis Grind, a 100-ft. 300m strip of land that separates the North Sea from the Atlantic. Heading around scenic St. Magnus Bay, you’ll see the dramatic red granite cliffs and lava rock formations of Eshaness and enjoy views of grazing sheep.
• North Shetland Drive: Enjoy views of tiny valley hamlets and rolling pasturelands.
• Eshaness Cliffs: The cliffs on St. Magnus Bay are a geological wonder of high bluffs and volcanic rock formations.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• The return drive to Lerwick is approximately 1-1/4 hours, depending on traffic.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 400 yards over even surfaces to take part in a cliff-top walk (25 minutes) with a few steps to enter and exit the coach. Alternatively, guests are welcome to stay on the coach should they not wish to walk.