Gain a priceless insight into Greek antiquity on a guided excursion highlighting the glory and majesty of Ancient Olympia. Take a fascinating tour of the archaeological site of the first Olympic Games in 776 BC, where the Olympic flame is still rekindled every four years, then carried to the next game's host site. Visit a rich collection of excavated artifacts at the Archaeological Museum, then enjoy some free time and shopping in modern Olympia.
• Ancient Olympia: View the Temples of Zeus and Hera, the Shrine of Pelops, the Gymnasium, and original Stadium ruins.
• Archaeological Museum: Examine a daunting collection of Greek sculpture, including Hermes of Praxiteles, plus ancient armor and bronze figurines.
• Modern Olympia: Look for remains of ancient culture while shopping and exploring for 30 minutes in this venerable town.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros)/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over uneven and gravel paths in Ancient Olympia.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately half a mile from coach park to city center in Olympia Town.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in venues.
• No flash photography or video inside museum.
• Guests will have approximately 30 minutes of free time in Olympia town and approx. 30 mins at the shop center.
Guests failing to meet return coach are responsible for finding their own way back to ship.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.
This tour may be operated in a reversed order.