OVERVIEW: This exciting adventure allows you to interact with graceful southern stingrays at Stingray City Sandbar.
HIGHLIGHTS: Swim and interact with southern stingrays at the Stingray City Sandbar. Meet such characters as "Ray Charles", "Sugar Ray", "Martha Ray", and other members of the Southern Ray family as filmed by National Geographic and Discovery Channel. Qualified guides and snorkeling equipment are included. This tour is in relatively shallow water (usually 3- 7 feet), but the depth can change significantly depending on the tides.
NOTES: Medical restrictions apply.
Stingray City off of Grand Cayman’s northern coast is one of the few places in the world where you can safely swim with wild stingrays. Featured on National Geographic and Discovery channels, these southern stingrays, long acclimated to local fishermen, will gladly welcome you to their sandbar and shamelessly beg for chum treats. Experienced tour guides will help you hand feed, pet, and swim with these gentle sea creatures in the Caribbean's unofficial aquatic petting zoo.
• Stingray City Sandbar: Swim with friendly southern stingrays in water between 3 to 7-feet deep.
• Southern Stingrays: Meet characters such as Ray Charles, Sugar Ray and Martha Ray.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Waterproof camera
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
• Change of clothes What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing Important Notes:
• This tour is in relatively shallow water (3 to 7-feet); however, depth can change depending on tides.
• Snorkeling equipment is included and available upon request.
• The tour guides will conduct a brief snorkeling orientation prior to entering the water.
• Life jackets are available upon request.
• Guests prone to motion sickness must take precautions.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves, and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour—particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them. Avoid alcohol before water activities.