Pass Cross of Sacrifice as departing pier. Travel to border of Spanish Frontier and cross airfield for view of the Rock. Visit St. Michael's Cave with time to explore on your own. At Apes' Den, home of Barbary Apes, see unique creatures. Photo stop at Europa Point, where you see lighthouse. Before returning to ship, pass Moorish Castle while descending Willis Road. Returning to town, have option to return to ship or stay in town and make own way back to ship. Note: Must walk approx 300 yards over even surfaces, inclines, 90+ steps. Tour conducted with driver acting as guide. Six guests are required in each taxi before tour will commence. Limited souvenir shopping available.
Discover Gibraltar’s fascinating natural wonders on a guided tour limited to six people, as you explore underground caves and see the Rock’s famous Barbary apes. Travel by taxi cab up the 1,400-foot limestone headland, passing military relics and castles along the way. Journey deep into St. Michael’s Cave and admire striking rock formations. Meet the playful group of tailless Barbary macaques that reside on the rock before relishing spectacular ocean views while atop Europa Point.
• Scenic Drive: Ride in a taxi around the massive 1,400 foot limestone headland on a tour limited to six guests.
• St. Michael’s Cave: See stalagmites, rim stone, and coral rocks while exploring the underground caverns’ rock formations and main chambers.
• Apes’ Den: Admire the lively Barbary macaques from afar, because while entertaining, they are also known for swiping personal belongings.
• Europa Point: Stand at Gibraltar’s southernmost tip, with North Africa, the Strait of Gibraltar, and nearby 19th-century lighthouse in sight.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must walk approximately 300 yards over even surfaces, inclines and 90 steps.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Six guests are required in each taxi before tour will commence.