Mont Saint Michel is one of the greatest religious buildings in Europe with its abbey at the summit of a huge rock 250 ft above the sea. Completing this 30-minute walk, you will view the Abbey Church whose spire soars more than 500 feet. The Abbey is a masterpiece of Norman architecture. Inside you'll discover the ways of the monks by visiting their famous dining hall, and the beautiful gothic cloister, which appears to be suspended between sky and sea. After the guided portion of the tour, you will have free time in the charming village of Mont Saint Michel to explore the twisted passageways, old houses, and shops.
Explore one of France’s most recognizable landmarks on a guided tour of the Mont Saint Michel abbey before enjoying lunch and free time to roam. Travel on foot to the elevated Norman Benedictine monastery, where you can admire Romanesque architecture and the churches soaring spires. Savor a tasty French meal in the famous dining hall where fervent monks gather. Wander around the medieval town independently, where you can meander through winding streets and souvenir shop.
• Mont Saint Michel: Behold one of France’s most recognizable landmarks, a hilltop Norman Benedictine abbey with Romanesque spires and architecture.
• Lunch: Enjoy a delectable French meal in the famous dining hall of the monastery where ardent monks gather for worship.
• Free Time: Explore the medieval town at your leisure, roam narrow winding streets, see historic homes, or shop for souvenirs.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 30 minutes over uneven terrain and inclines.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Consider dietary restrictions and food allergies when selecting tour.