June 6, 1944 marks one of the most important battles of World War II ¬– the Allied invasion of Normandy. You'll travel to the city of Caen, which was at the very center of the bloody battle. Visit the Caen Memorial, commemorating the events and serving as a monument for peace, as you learn about D-Day and follow in the footsteps of history. End your visit with a buffet lunch before heading back to the ship. Excursion involves approximately 0.25 miles (1.5 hours) of walking in the museum. Guests must maneuver 2-3 steps to enter/exit the motorcoach and museum entrance. Tour order may vary between groups but all mentioned sites are covered.
Delve into Cherbourg’s distinguished military history with a tour of the Caen Memorial museum, as you enjoy plenty of independent exploration and a tasty lunch. Watch an educational film on the role France played in World War II before exploring the museum on your own. Spend one hour and 30 minutes roaming fascinating exhibits, seeing historic artifacts, viewing photography collections and military aircraft. Enjoy a buffet meal of French fare before heading back to port.
• Caen Memorial: Learn of France’s role in World War II while watching a captivating film in the renowned military museum.
• Independent Exploration: Enjoy one hour and 30 minutes for exploring exhibits, seeing historic artifacts, viewing photography collections and military aircraft.
• Lunch: Savor a complimentary buffet of tasty French cuisine at the museum before being escorted back to the ship.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider dietary restrictions and food allergies when selecting tour.