OVERVIEW: Enjoy the highlights of Nassau on a tour that gives you time for a second tour or independent exploration of the city.
HIGHLIGHTS: Visit the highlights of Nassau including Bay Street, the Queen's Staircase, Fort Fincastle, and enjoy an exterior view of Fort Charlotte. There will also be a brief photo stop at Atlantis Resort.
Enjoy the highlights of Nassau on a tour that gives you time for a second tour or independent exploration of the city.
- Visit the highlights of Nassau including Bay Street, the Queen's Staircase, Fort Fincastle, and exterior view of Fort Charlotte
- Brief photo stop at Atlantis Resort
This tour will take you along Bay Street, the heart of Nassau's shopping district, to the Queen's Staircase. Built in the days of England's Queen Victoria, the staircase consists of over 65 steps hewn out of solid coral rock. Fort Fincastle is your next stop. Built in 1793, the structure was designed in the shape of a paddle wheel steamer.
Next, you will have an exterior visit of Fort Charlotte. Built in the Napoleonic era to defend the island against marauding pirates, Fort Charlotte offers you a historic peek into the past. Before returning to your ship, there will be a brief photo stop at the famous Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
- Cash for shopping
- Sun protection and sunglasses
What to Wear:
- Strongly recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- Mini vans are used as means of transportation