Discover the beauty of Bracciano and its lake.
Take a panoramic drive through the gorgeous Etruscan countryside to Bracciano, a quaint hill town, followed by a scenic boat cruise along pristine Lake Bracciano, formed within an ancient volcanic crater. At Bracciano, enjoy some free time to explore independently the historical center , the location of Castello Orsini-Odescalchi, a well-maintained 15th-century castle that has hosted several high-profile weddings. See how tranquil Lake Bracciano mirrors its beautiful surroundings as you take a leisurely boat ride to Trevignano, one of the medieval towns dotting the lake’s coastline.
• Half-day tour: Explore medieval Bracciano and its lake; or spend free time browsing, enjoying some Italian ice cream or relaxing.
• Bracciano: Enjoy some free time to explore independently the historical center of Bracciano, the location of Castello Orsini-Odescalchi, one of Europe’s most beautiful castles, where Hollywood movie stars Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were married.
• Lake Bracciano: Formed by ancient volcanic activity, the now-tranquil lake also helps provide Rome some of its drinking water.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Order of the tour may be reversed or altered, depending on traffic or local conditions.
• Boat ride is subject to local weather conditions.
• In case of adverse weather conditions, the ride to Trevignano will be via coach.
• Please remember to take local currency (Euros) if you wish to shop for souvenirs.
• Shops in Bracciano are closed on Sundays and public holidays.