Discover Sicily's fascinating ancient history in the promontory resort town of Taormina, and enjoy views of Mount Etna on a guided walking tour. Your guide leads you through ancient squares in the mountainside village, passing 15th century Palazzo Corvaia and visiting the massive Greek theater, still used today for open-air entertainment. Then explore at your own pace for 45 minutes, shopping along Corso Umberto's promenade or tasting authentic Sicilian cuisine in a village cafe.
• Taormina: Visit a mountain village with well-preserved medieval architecture, a Greek theatre, views of Mount Etna, and sprawling beaches below.
• Guided Walk: Stroll pedestrian-only Corso Umberto, see Pallazo Corvaia, and visit a 3rd century Greek Theater, then enjoy free time.
• Sicily's Coast: Travel along the mountainous eastern coast, with views of Mount Etna, sandy beaches, cliff-side villages, and the sea.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-fourth mile uphill from the village gates to the town center.
• Tour conducted mostly on foot over flat, uneven, paved, and cobblestone streets with inclines.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.