Get a true feel for eternal, amazing Athens on a comprehensive, guided walking tour. Crisscross the heart of the city and its marvelous blend of ancient and modern history. Stroll to an ancient temple, a marble stadium, a Roman gateway, governmental structures and monuments, and the unique, vibrant neighborhood known as the Plaka. End at Mitropoles Square for a brief visit to both old and new cathedrals, and then return by coach to your ship.
• Athens Walk: From ancient artifacts to charming neighborhoods, feel the essence of awesome Athens on your guided walking tour.
• Historic Sites: See the House of Parliament, the Presidential Guards, Panathenaic Stadium, the Olympian Zeus Temple, and Hadrian's Gate.
• The Plaka: Explore the ancient section of Athens, loaded with history, as well as lively shops and cafes.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros) /credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Appropriate weather gear
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges must not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 3-1/4 miles over steep inclines, with 50-75 steps and uneven surfaces.
• Tour does not include interior visits.
• Tour operates in all weather conditions.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Guests failing to meet return coach are responsible for finding their own way back to ship.
• Time permitting, guests will have approximately 30 minutes free time in the Plaka.
• Tour sequence may vary.