Explore the fascinating history of Sicily's pilgrim village of Tindari, as you embark on a guided walk of its main square and remains of its Roman heritage. Travel to Cathedral Square, where you'll relish panoramic views of Cape Tindari and learn the legends of the Black Madonna. Explore columns, arches and the amphitheater among archaeological ruins, then enjoy 30 minutes free time to tour the Sanctuary of Tindari, or admire the Black Madonna statue.
• Tindari: Tour the cliff-lined home of the Byzantine Black Madonna, while admiring spectacular ocean views atop Cathedral Square.
• Cathedral Square: Devoted pilgrims travel to Tindari to revere the Black Madonna, a Byzantine statue that resides in the Sanctuary.
• Archeological Park: See ruins of ancient Roman homes, with intact mosaic floors, arches, columns, and a sizable amphitheater.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros) /credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-half mile over uneven and cobblestone surfaces with inclines and steps.
• Foreign currencies not accepted on this tour.
• No exposed shoulders or knees at religious sites.