Combine a guided visit of some of Rome's treasured highlights with free time to explore, shop and have lunch on your own and at your own pace. HIGHLIGHTS: Enjoy an outside visit of the Colosseum, the symbol of Rome, an exterior visit of St. Peter's Basilica where you'll enjoy more than 2 hours of free time for exploration and toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain. The guide will use headsets to provide commentary. NOTES: Travel time to and from Rome is about 1 1/2 hours each way. This tour is not suggested for guests with walking difficulties or those using a wheelchair.
Discover Rome’s most treasured landmarks alongside an informative guide before spending 2.5 hours exploring the Eternal City at your own pace. Embark on a half-day guided tour, as you listen along to commentary via headset. See the enormous exterior of the ancient Colosseum amphitheater, toss a coin into the famous Trevi Fountain, and follow your Guide for an exterior visit of the Roman Forum. Then roam around independently at St. Peter’s Square, time permitting visit the Vatican museums or St. Peter’s Basilica, shop for souvenirs, or savor authentic Roman fare.
• Guided Exploration: Join an informative tour guide for a dynamic half-day tour of Rome’s most treasured landmarks, complete with headset commentary.
• City Landmarks: Admire the Colosseum’s enormous exterior, toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain, and follow your guide for an exterior visit of the Roman Forum
• Free Time: Enjoy 2.5 hours spent browsing at St. Peter’s Square, or time permitting visiting the Vatican museums or St. Peter’s Basilica, souvenir shopping, or savoring Roman delicacies.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Conservative attire required
• This tour is not offered for guests inter-porting in Rome.
• The drive between Civitavecchia and Rome is approximately 1 1/2 hours each way subject to traffic conditions.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles (3 hours) over even and cobblestone surfaces with approximately 100 steps and extended periods of standing.
• This tour is not suggested for guests with walking difficulties or those using a wheelchair.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• There is usually a long line to enter the Colosseum and a ticket is required (ticket for the Colosseum is not included).
• No backpacks, suitcases, trolleys and large bags/objects allowed in Colosseum and Roman Forum. Lockers are not available at those sights. There is a safety restriction at the Colosseum and a limit of 3000 visitors who can visit it at once, if this limit is reached the access will be denied until safety conditions will be guaranteed again.
• Guests planning to visit St. Peter’s Basilica or the Vatican Museums during free time, may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras and/or personal water bottles.
• Guests planning to visit St. Peter’s Basilica or the Vatican Museums, are advised that a strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter’s Basilica. Short shorts, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable and guests wearing these items may not be allowed to enter.
• Long queues are to be expected to enter St. Peter’s Basilica and Entrance may be restricted due to a mass or special event. Depending upon the number of people in the Basilica, it may be closed for security reasons without previous notice. This safety precautions are beyond the control of the local tour operator or Royal Caribbean.
• Please note that due to the Jubilee Year, special celebrations and events will take place at St. Peter’s Basilica: overcrowding and possible closures at any given time and with no previous notice should be expected
•.Due to the recent events, please note that more accurate security controls should be expected at the various sites visited.
• Should the designed motor coach drop off / pick up point for St. Peters Square be congested or unavailable, an alternative drop off / pick up point location will be used. Please note that an additional walking portion of 0.6 miles from / to the alternative location should be considered.
• The order of the tour may be reversed or altered depending on traffic or local conditions.
• Please note that ongoing restoration/ maintenance work is often being carried out at the various venues visited.
• On Sundays and public holidays, only souvenir shops will be open.
• Lunch is not included in this tour.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.