Rome City Sights - CV23
Enjoy the Eternal City's beauty during a narrated drive past the Etruscan countryside, Aurelian Walls, Colosseum, and Forum before independently exploring St. Peter's Basilica.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
Enjoy the beauty of the Eternal City during a narrated drive, taking you through the colorful Etruscan countryside to some of the most impressive and famous monuments in Rome. Keep your camera handy for photo opportunities galore from your coach: the Aurelian Walls, Colosseum, Via Veneto, the symbol of the Piazza Venezia, Circus Maximus and more. Then spend some free time strolling St. Peter's Square in Vatican City; marvel at the view of the magnificent St. Peter's Basilica, the largest in the world.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
• Breathtaking Rome: Capture images of Rome's famous sights, including old Roman walls, the Colosseum, and Arch of Constantine, Via Veneto, Circus Maximus.
• St. Peter's Square: Enjoy 45 minutes free-time in this center of religion,art and culture stroll among magnificent pillars.
What to Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Conservative attire required in churches
• Tour is designed for guests who prefer a minimum of walking.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.5 mile over uneven surfaces.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion. Please be aware that St. Peter’s Square and the surrounding area has an uneven, cobblestone surface.
• This tour is designed for those guests who have walking difficulties, are not able to handle steps or extended periods of walking or standing.
• Guests must be able to negotiate the steps of the coach.
• Please note that wheelchair user Guests should be able to manage a wheelchair dedicated route that goes down from the coach parking at the Vatican area to St. Peter’s Square and back up from St. Peter's Square to the coach parking. Please be aware that St. Peter’s Square and the surrounding area has an uneven, cobblestone surface.
• Guests will enjoy approximately 45 minutes free time at St. Peter’s Square.
• Guests are advised that long queues to enter St. Peter’s Basilica are to be expected.
• Guests may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras, and/or personal water bottles at designated checkpoints.
• Should a mass be taking place in St. Peter's Basilica, the entrance may be restricted.
• Depending upon the number of people in the basilica, it may be closed for security reasons without previous notice.
•.Due to the recent events, please note that more accurate security controls should be expected at the various sites visited
• Travel time to and from Rome is about 1-1/2 hours each way, subject to traffic conditions.
• A map of Rome and emergency contact numbers will be provided.
• Guests will meet guide at designated time and place to rejoin bus for drive to ship.
• Guests failing to meet guide at designated time must arrange their own transportation back to ship.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in St. Peter’s Basilica.
• No tank tops or shorts in St. Peter’s Basilica.
• Should St. Peter's Basilica have a mass service, entrance may be restricted. St. Peter’s Basilica may close at any time for security reasons without previous notice.
• These safety precautions are beyond the control of the local tour operator.
• Guests may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras, and/or personal water bottles at designated check points.
• Guests should expect long lines to enter St. Peter’s Basilica.
• Tour sequence may vary and routes altered depending on traffic or local conditions.
• Most shops are closed on Sundays and holidays and maintain seasonal hours.
• Due to new traffic regulations, should the bus not be allowed to pick up guests close to the St. Peters Basilica guests will be required to walk approximately 0.6 miles to the nearest pick-up location.
• Should the designed motor coach drop off /pick up point at St. Peter’s Square be congested or unavailable, a photo stop at the Colosseum will be made instead of the scheduled stop at St. Peter’s Square.