Explore Athens and Ancient Acropolis - PR05
Feel the might of the ancient Greek Gods as you explore the city of Athens and its most impressive monument, the Acropolis. See the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the largest Corinthian style temple in Greece, Hadrian's Arch, and the National Garden as you drive down Syngrou Avenue. At the Acropolis, you'll find an array of architectural masterpieces created during the Golden Age of Greece, including the Erechtheum, Temple of Wingless Victory, and the incomparable Parthenon. Note: Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over steep inclines, approximately 200 steps and uneven surfaces. At the end of the tour, there will be an optional drop-off at Melina Mercouri Statue in Athens.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
Take a panoramic drive around Athens, before immersing in the grandeur of the Acropolis. Board a comfortable coach for a narrated tour that covers a long list of both ancient and modern splendors. At the Acropolis, climb the winding pathway and approximately 100 steps that lead to the top of the legendary hill for a tour of the Propylaea Entrance, the Erechtheum, the Temple of Wingless Victory, and the incomparable Parthenon.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
• Panoramic Athens: Ride past major sights in Athens, including Hadrian's Arch, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Panathenaic Stadium.
• Acropolis: Travel the winding path of ancient Greeks to see ruins of sacred sites dedicated to gods and goddesses.
• Parthenon: Explore the temple dedicated to Athena, the ultimate architectural and spiritual achievement of Greece's Golden Age.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Kids Tour Free: Offer applies to select tours conducted between 5/1/16 and 8/31/16. With the purchase of one adult ticket for a qualifying tour, receive one complimentary child ticket for the same tour. Offer applies to tours purchased up to two days prior to cruise departure: the complimentary ticket will be issued in the form of an onboard credit (“OBC”) in the amount of the child ticket price. Child must be 12 years of age or under. Ticketed adult and child must be booked in the same stateroom. Selection of qualifying tours vary by sailing and port. Offer and tours are subject to availability. OBC will be applied to the guest's folio, is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferrable, and will expire at 10:00PM on the final night of the sailing. No tour substitutions.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over steep inclines, approximately 200 steps and uneven surfaces.
• Acropolis occasionally closes for security under crowded conditions.
• Some wait time may occur.
• Large bags, backpacks and oversized purses not permitted inside Acropolis.
• Ongoing restorations are frequently in progress at ruins.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 15 minutes free time for shopping at Acropolis.
• Optional drop-off at Melina Mercouri Statue in Athens' Constitution Square at end of tour.
• Guests who choose optional drop off will make their own way back to ship, at their own expense. Tour sequence may vary.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.