Head for the border and the must-see "shopping fortress" of Valenca do Minho, Portugal. This is a particularly attractive town whose 17th-century ramparts, meant to protect against Spanish invaders, now beckon all tourists to shop its pottery, linens and crafts. The unique character of this place derives from its gothic houses and Romanesque church. Your return to Vigo will include a stop at El Castro Mount for views of Vigo Bay and the city.
• Valenca do Minho: Take a walking tour of the border town, with approximately 30 minutes free time for shopping.
• El Castro Mount: Enjoy views of Vigo Bay and the city from an old fortress surrounded by green parkland.
• Eiffel Bridge: You'll cross the Minho River over the rail bridge designed by Gustav Eiffel.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces with some steps
• Shops in Valenca accept most credit cards and Euros.
• There are ongoing road works in the village of Valenca do Minho.
• For Independence of the Seas' sailings from November through March, participants should take appropriate winter weather gear with them (jacket, gloves &hat) as portions of this tour will be conducted outside and in all weather conditions. Due to potential slippery and wet conditions, sturdy, non-slip, low heeled walking shoes are recommended. Participants should plan accordingly