You'll be visiting the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show, one of Alaska's most famous attractions. There, you'll enjoy an action-packed rowdy good time while the world's best timber athletes go head to head in more than a dozen events such as speed chopping, sawing, chainsaw races, log rolling and the death-defying speed climb. Your colorful hosts offer a historic view of the Alaskan timber industry that has shaped this rugged land. The show goes on rain or shine in covered and heated grandstand seating. Venue is handicap accessible.
Raw, lively and highly entertaining history comes alive at The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show & Competition. The cheering & heckles become roars of excitement as the two rugged teams of Champion Lumberjacks compete in chopping, sawing, tree climbing, log rolling and axe throwing with music and lore. This Historic Show is located along the old harbor and Red Light district just blocks from the pier and is viewed in the comfort of covered, cushioned grandstands.
• Lumberjack Competition: Southeast Alaska's rich logging history comes to life during an exhilarating display of lumberjack skills.
• Fun for Everyone: This rip-roaring celebration of a bygone era makes for a family adventure suitable for all ages.
• Rain-or-Shine Venue: Enjoy grandstand seating that is covered, cushioned, heated, and handicap accessible. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes Important Notes:
• A colorful host both introduces the events and provides a historic view of the Alaskan timber industry that has shaped this rugged land.