Since 1923 the Skagway Street Car City Tour has provided an informative fun-filled way to see this famous gold rush town - "To All Points of Interest." This personalized, small group experience is presented aboard a 1927 touring bus with costumed guides sharing history & stories of life in small-town Alaska that makes Skagway history come alive. Explore the waterfront, visit the Gold Rush Cemetery, travel through the Historic District, view your ship amidst spectacular mountains from the Scenic Overlook & travel through the Residential District famous for its flower gardens & pass the childhood home of Alaska's most famous resident, Gov. Sarah Palin. All aboard the Skagway Street Car!
See all the points of interest in Skagway on an informative, fun-filled street car ride. Climb aboard a 1927 touring bus, replete with period-costumed guides. Explore the waterfront, tour the National Park Historic District, take in panoramic views of spectacular misty mountains from the Scenic Overlook, visit the Gold Rush Cemetery for a recounting of the legendary Soapy Smith gunfight, and travel through flower garden-studded residential neighborhoods.
• Stylish Sightseeing: Ride through town in an authentic, vibrantly yellow 1927 touring bus.
• Costumed Guides: Listen to nuggets of gold rush history and folklore, behind-the-scenes tales, and stories of life in small-town Alaska. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes Important Notes:
• A stop is made in town for guests who want to shop or explore before the tour returns to the ship.