Soar to new heights in scenic style aboard Juneau’s Goldbelt Mount Roberts Tramway. From the cruise ship dock, board an enclosed gondola that offers breathtaking views of harbor, sea and mountains as it climbs 1,800 feet to a mountaintop recreational and cultural complex. Explore a nature center with a live bald eagle exhibit, dine at the bar and grill, shop for Alaska Native wares, and sit back and enjoy an award-winning film on Tlingit culture.
• Panoramic View: Gaze north to Chilkat Mountains, south to Gastineau Channel, west to Douglas Island, and east to Silver Bow Basin.
• Mountaintop Fun: Access a nature center, raptor center, trail system, bear-viewing platforms, and, for refreshment, the Timberline Bar & Grill.
• Art, History and Culture: Alaska Native and historical artwork is displayed indoors and outdoors throughout the complex, including live demonstrations.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• At Raven Eagle Gifts, Alaska Native artists are often seen working on carvings, dolls, garments or beading. This season, Master Carver, Doug Chilton, will be carving a new totem pole in the gift shop. Visitors are welcome to visit with Doug as he works Sunday through Thursday, 10 am - 4 pm.
• Enjoy a crab feed at the Timberline Bar & Grill for an additional charge (seasonal).