Set out on foot alongside a knowledgeable and friendly guide through Akaroa’s quaint streets, as you see notable landmarks and learn about the town’s history. Traverse the harbor-side village, admiring colonial architecture, visiting lush gardens, passing local art galleries, and relishing spectacular views from craggy volcanic hillsides. Learn about Akaroa’s history as a whaling port and listen along as your guide shares about the fascinating geology of the area, now located in an ancient volcano.
• Guided Walking Tour: Embark on a dynamic on-foot trek, as a knowledgeable guide brings to life what you are seeing.
• City Landmarks: See colonial architecture, visit local gardens, and admire stunning volcanic cliffs in the center of an ancient volcano.
• Akaora: Learn about the geology and history behind the former whaling port, once a British settlement before becoming French influenced.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.