Over the millennia, as the Earth's crust was taking shape, Mother Nature's vision of perfection came to fruition in New Zealand. Her plan for Akaroa Harbor was an especially vivid one of pristine blue water and verdant mountains. As you ride to the hilltop on a classic double decker bus, you'll get a superb view. You'll also have time for refreshments at the quaint tavern as you marvel at the scenery. Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
Akaroa’s sapphire harbor sparkles and its dramatic countryside astounds as a London-inspired double-decker bus delivers sightseeing in grand style. Local architecture tells the fascinating tale of the city’s French and British heritage, while nearby Barrys Bay and Duvauchelle reveal dramatic vistas. Entertaining guides proceed to “the Hilltop” for spectacular views of waters sheltered by emerald green hills of an ancient volcanic crater. Relax at the charming Hilltop Tavern while savoring innovative delights and classic favorites.
• Double-decker bus tour: Take in colonial architecture, historic sights and stunning natural beauty in Akaroa, Barrys Bay and Duvauchelle.
• The Hilltop: Marvel at panoramic views of sapphire-blue Akaroa Harbour surrounded by emerald-green hills in a volcanic crater.
• Hilltop Tavern: This beautiful setting is the ideal place to enjoy a delicious drink or lunch snack from an eclectic menu.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency/credit card
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.