This shore excursion will give you a fantastic look at Wellington history, culture and beauty. Begin with a drive to the top of Mount Victoria, where you'll find panoramic views and Wellington's own Botanical Gardens. Be sure to visit the Begonia house and the peaceful Lady Norwood Rose Garden. Head back to the waterfront to tour "Te Papa" and witness the museum's incredible Maori exhibits, as well as contemporary and colonial art displays. There will be approximately 600 yards of walking over flat, even surfaces.
Enjoy a fun-filled day exploring the city of Wellington from its majestic mountain to its marvelous gardens. Take in the magnificent views of the harbor at the summit of Mount Victoria. Continue to Wellington's Botanical Gardens and see its huge range of plant species. View a wide range of exhibitions covering the nation's geological and natural history at New Zealand's National Museum also known as "Te Papa."
• Mount Victoria: Take in magnificent views.
• Wellington Botanical Gardens: Visit the Begonia House with its tropical displays.
• "Te Papa": View a collection of contemporary and colonial exhibits.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• There will be approximately 600 yards of walking over flat, even surfaces.