Step easily into nature by combining a visit to Glacier Gardens Rainforest Adventure and the Mendenhall Glacier. This fully narrated tour begins with a drive past downtown Juneau en route to the Rainforest Gardens. Join your forest guide aboard a covered shuttle for a mile-long, narrated journey into the heart of the rainforest. The Mendenhall Glacier – Juneau's star attraction - is your final destination. This massive river of ice is the largest, most rugged glacier accessible by road. Take a few minutes to walk along the trails, stop at the photo look out or enjoy the short movie in the visitors center.
Step into Juneau's awe-inspiring landscape with a visit to both the Mendenhall Glacier and Glacier Gardens Rainforest Adventure. Begin a fully narrated tour with a drive past downtown Juneau en route to the gardens. There, join a forest guide aboard a covered shuttle for a mile-long journey into the heart of the rainforest, including breathtaking views of the Mendenhall Valley. Then, venture to the Mendenhall Glacier and capture a memorable moment at the photo lookout.Highlights:
• Glacier Gardens Rainforest Adventure: Take a guided tour through a lovingly crafted landscape that features upside-down trees.
• Thunder Mountain: Travel to a 580-foot elevation for a panoramic view of the Mendenhall Valley, Chilkat Mountains and Gastineau Channel.
What to Bring:
• Mendenhall Glacier: Visit and photograph Juneau's star attraction, the largest, most accessible glacier in the world.
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes Important Notes:
• U.S. Forest Service staff are available throughout the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center complex to answer questions and provide interesting information.