Enjoy an entertaining glimpse of Skagway and the wild times during the Gold Rush. Visit the Skagway Gold Rush cemetery and hear about the city’s most notorious gangster…Soapy Smith. Enjoy a picturesque view of Skagway from the overlook. Your tour culminates at the famous Red Onion Saloon where you will be greeted by sumptuously dressed madams who will give you a tour of this once working Brothel.
- Fully narrated tour featuring Skagway’s historic and bawdy past.
- Photo stop at Overlook
- Stop at the Gold Rush Cemetery and hear stories of Skagway’s most famous residents.
- Visit the Red Onion Saloon for a Brothel tour
Your tour begins with an overview of downtown Skagway and its historical sites as you drive out to the Gold Rush Cemetery. This historic cemetery is the final resting place for many of Skagway’s colorful characters. Your driver/guide will tell you the legend of Soapy Smith and his rival Frank Reid, as well as show you their grave sites. You will then travel to the Skagway overlook for an amazing view of Skagway and Lynn Canal.
Your tour culminates at the world famous Red Onion saloon where you will be greeted by sumptuously dressed madams. Upstairs in the Bombay room you will toast to the ladies of 1898 with your choice of red or white wine, Alaskan Amber or Madams punch. A few more steps takes you to what was the most luxurious brothel of its day, now faithfully restored to its present glory. On your tour through the brothel, you will see the prized silver dress and other relics and artifacts left behind by the “soiled doves.” Embrace the spirit of ‘98!
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
What to Wear:
- Comfortable, layered clothing
- Rain jacket, if necessary
- Portions of this tour describe some of the bawdy past of the Skagway Gold Rush Era. Some pictures and stories may not be suitable for all guests.