Free-time delights abound in eclectic Kuranda Village, a picturesque mountain retreat surrounded by rainforest. Enjoy spectacular Coral Sea views on the 45-minute drive through the Cairns highlands to Kuranda. Walk fig tree-lined streets while browsing exotic goods and sampling tropical juices, ice creams and macadamias. Nature-lovers will enjoy Bird World, Butterfly Sanctuary and Koala Gardens or even the more strenuous bushwalk to Barron Falls.
• Shops and cafes: Sophisticated yet laidback Kuranda offers local delicacies and handicrafts, clothing, jewelry, souvenirs, leather goods, art, and Aboriginal artifacts.
• Nature tours: Explore World Heritage Rainforest via attractions, trails to the river or Barron Falls’ incredible views.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Local currency
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing
• The amount of walking in Kuranda is at guests’ discretion.
• There are concrete sidewalks and gravel surfaces.
• This is an unstructured itinerary during which guests choose their activities.
• Entry fees to local attractions and tours are not included.
• Transit to Kuranda is approximately 45 minutes.
• This tour will be operated with a driver/guide.