OVERVIEW: This is your chance to experience the charm of a real rainforest village and also see the sights of Cairns, Tropical North Queensland's most well-known tourist city. The combination will leave a lasting impression of the region's fascinating and diverse character.
HIGHLIGHTS: Enjoy a panoramic introduction to Cairns. Explore the varied attractions of Kuranda Village, including Birdworld and the Butterfly Sanctuary
NOTES: Walking distance is at guests discretion over even and paved areas. This is an unstructured program with free time in Kuranda.
Enjoy a narrated, air-conditioned bus tour through Cairns and the Kuranda Rainforest village. Begin your tour with a drive past sugar cane fields and the Navy Patrol Base, shipyards and gorgeous Queenslander style homes to showcase Cairns' historic beauty. You'll continue to Kuranda rainforest village, a shoppers' haven. Its arts and crafts include opals and aboriginal souvenirs. Stroll through the Aviary, Butterfly Sanctuary or its markets and enjoy a meal at one of its cafes.
• Cairns Scenic drive: View the Navy Patrol Base, shipyards, the Sugar Terminal and lovely old Queenslander-style houses.
• Kuranda: Stroll through markets, enjoy a meal at a cafe, or visit famous attractions like the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing
• Walking distance is at guests discretion over even and paved areas.
• This is an unstructured program with free time in Kuranda.
• Entrance fees to Birdworld & Butterfly Sanctuary are not included.
• Order of itinerary may vary to avoid congestion.