OVERVIEW: Enjoy time on your own in an eclectic and delightful village with local craft markets, aboriginal culture and more nestled in the heart of the rainforest -- just 45 minutes away. HIGHLIGHTS: The trip to Kurunda includes spectacular coastal views out over the Coral Sea. NOTES: The amount of walking in Kuranda is at guests discretion. There are concrete sidewalks and gravel surfaces. No entry fees to any area attractions or optional local tours are included.
Free-time delights abound in eclectic Kuranda Village, a picturesque mountain retreat surrounded by rainforest. Enjoy spectacular Coral Sea views on the 45-minute drive through the Cairns highlands to Kuranda. Walk fig tree-lined streets while browsing exotic goods and sampling tropical juices, ice creams and macadamias. Nature-lovers will enjoy Bird World, Butterfly Sanctuary and Koala Gardens or even the more strenuous bushwalk to Barron Falls.
• Shops and cafes: Sophisticated yet laidback Kuranda offers local delicacies and handicrafts, clothing, jewelry, souvenirs, leather goods, art, and Aboriginal artifacts.
• Nature tours: Explore World Heritage Rainforest via attractions, trails to the river or Barron Falls’ incredible views.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Local currency
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing
• The amount of walking in Kuranda is at guests’ discretion.
• There are concrete sidewalks and gravel surfaces.
• This is an unstructured itinerary during which guests choose their activities.
• Entry fees to local attractions and tours are not included.
• Transit to Kuranda is approximately 45 minutes.
• This tour will be operated with a driver/guide.