This half day tour combines two of the most popular sites in Kusadasi, House of Virgin Mary and the Ancient City of Ephesus along with lunch with Turkish specialties. First you'll visit the House of the Virgin Mary where the Blessed Virgin is reputed to have spent the last years of her life. Next stop is the Ancient city of Ephesus where you will see the Magnesia Gate, Odeon, the Fountain of Trajan, temple of Hadrian and the impressive library of Celsus. Conclude your day with lunch at Ephesus Park followed by a trip back to Kusadasi where there will be a brief carpet presentation. Or, if you wish, you may return directly to the ship which is within walking distance.
Two of the most popular sites in Kusadasi, the House of Virgin Mary and the Ancient City of Ephesus, are yours to explore during this half-day excursion. You can collect holy water from the Fountain of Our Lady at The House of Virgin Mary. A guided walking tour through Ephesus includes sites like Odeon and Fountain of Trajan. Enjoy a traditional Turkish lunch at Cittantica Ephesus Park and conclude with an optional carpet presentation and shopping.
• House of the Virgin Mary: Collect holy water from the Fountain of Our Lady.
• Guided Walking: View the Odeon, Fountain of Trajan, Temple of Hadrian, Library of Celsius, Grand Theater, and the Arcadian Way.
• Amenities: Receive a gift set including a handmade pot, a map of the city, and bottled water.
• Shopping: Browse the shops in Kusadasi, and enjoy an optional carpet demonstration.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent (July and August)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must walk approximately 2 miles.
• Water, tea and coffee are included during lunch.
• Soft drinks and/or alcoholic beverages are available at an additional cost.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.