OVERVIEW: Bring your camera and capture the charm of Mykonos' luxury hotels and cosmopolitan beaches during your scenic drive.
HIGHLIGHTS: Stop for photos of Mykonos' scenic coast at Ag Ioannis and Ornos beaches. Stop in Ano Mera to visit the 16th century monastery and then sample a Greek appetizer and a taste of ouzo.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approx. 0.25 mile over various surfaces with steep stairs at the monastery and Village Square. Video and still photography are not permitted inside the monastery. Exposed shoulders or knees, short pants, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable.
Bring your camera and capture the charm of Mykonos during this breezy island discovery. You’ll see luxury hotels, cosmopolitan beaches and visit a 16th century monastery before arriving at the peaceful village square. A Greek appetizer and a taste of ouzo are a delightful compliment to your voyage of discovery.
- Photo stops at Agios Ioannis and Ornos beaches
- Panagia Tourliani Monastery: Stop in Ano Mera to visit the 16th century monastery.
- Ano Mera Village Square: Enjoy a Greek appetizer and a taste of ouzo.
Mykonos is known for its dazzling white alleys, blue domed churches, windmills, and crystal clear waters lapping at golden sandy shores. Bring your camera and capture the beauty of this charming island during your scenic drive. You’ll depart from the port, heading south, stopping for photos at Agios Ioannis and Ornos Beaches. Here you’ll see luxury hotels, tavernas and yachts mooring offshore in Mykonos’ most cosmopolitan setting.
Pass the beaches of Kalafatis and Agios Ioannis as you head toward the center of the island. In the traditional village of Ano Mera, you’ll visit the 16th century Panagia Tourliani Monastery. Then stop in the peaceful village square, where you’ll sample a Greek appetizer and have a taste of ouzo. Rejoin your coach for the scenic ride back to the pier.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
What to Wear:
- Conservative attire is recommended. Exposed shoulders or knees, short pants, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable.
- Comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes are recommended.
- Sun protection, including, hats, sunglasses and sunscreen are also recommended.
- Kindly note that from the end of September, cooler weather conditions are expected.
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.25 mile over various surfaces with steep stairs at the monastery and Ano Mera Village Square.
- Video and still photography are not permitted inside the monastery and chapel.
- Participation is limited due to size of the venues visited; however, a minimum is required in order to operate.
- Should your vessel be at anchor during your port call, participants will need to walk an additional 0.5 mile (round trip) from the tender station to the coach parking area.
- Kindly note that after mid-October many shops in town are closed.