Step into Santorini's volcanic landscape and idyllic village life on a half-day guided adventure. Take a scenic coach ride and experience the charm of Oia, the island's northernmost town, a whitewashed picture-perfect labyrinth of narrow, twisting cobblestone alleyways, fine shops, cafes, and domed churches. Then head to a winery and bodega to taste Greek mezes and wine while enjoying magnificent views. Conclude with free time in the pedestrian-only cliff-top village of Fira.
• Oia: Stroll through a craggy village with sugar-cube-like stone buildings, panoramic vistas, and charming stores and art galleries.
• Winery and Bodega: Feast on savory Greek mezes and locally produced wine in a one-of-a-kind setting.
• Fira: View Mitropolis Church, then enjoy free time exploring shops and art galleries along the narrow cobbled streets.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over uneven surfaces, with steep inclines and 20-30 steps.
• Guests must be able to walk one-half mile in Fira on their own to reach cable car.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Guests must be able to walk uphill for 450 feet to reach Mitropolis church.
• One-way cable car ticket for transfer from Fira to tender loading station included in return portion of tour.
• From Fira, receive a ticket and join the cable car independently for descent to the tender port below. Return by tender to the ship which will be anchored offshore.
• Expect waiting and queuing time at cable car station.
Due to occasional low level fog, visibility may be impacted. Some stores in Fira closed in October and November.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.