A Taste of Athens - PR15
OVERVIEW: This tour is designed for those who would like to combine an overview of the highlights of Athens and a guided tour of the Acropolis with free time for shopping and transportation back to the ship is included.
HIGHLIGHTS: Enjoy a panoramic tour past the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, National Gardens, National Library, Parliament Building, and Panathinion Stadium. Enjoy a guided tour of the Acropolis and 3 hours for independent exploration or shopping.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over steep inclines, steps and uneven surfaces. Large bags, backpacks and oversized purses are not permitted inside the Acropolis archeological sites.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
Set out on a guided tour of Athens, then cap it off with several hours for independent exploration. Your narrated coach ride takes you past the Corinthian Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathenaic Stadium - site of the first modern Olympics, Hadrian's Arch, and Parliament Building, formerly the Royal Palace. At the Acropolis, disembark and climb the steps for a guided visit. Conclude with approximately three hours to enjoy the city at your own pace.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
• Guided Athens Drive: Choose sites you'll surely want to visit later, on your 45-minute overview of city landmarks.
• Acropolis: See ruins of ancient Greece, where sacred grounds are marked by some of the world's most enduring architecture.
• Parthenon: Brush up on your Doric, Ionian, and Corinthian terms before exploring this ancient symbol of Athenian dominance.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Kids Tour Free: Offer applies to select tours conducted between 5/1/16 and 8/31/16. With the purchase of one adult ticket for a qualifying tour, receive one complimentary child ticket for the same tour. Offer applies to tours purchased up to two days prior to cruise departure: the complimentary ticket will be issued in the form of an onboard credit (“OBC”) in the amount of the child ticket price. Child must be 12 years of age or under. Ticketed adult and child must be booked in the same stateroom. Selection of qualifying tours vary by sailing and port. Offer and tours are subject to availability. OBC will be applied to the guest's folio, is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferrable, and will expire at 10:00PM on the final night of the sailing. No tour substitutions.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over steep inclines and uneven surfaces with approximately 200 steps.
• Acropolis occasionally closes for security under crowded conditions.
• Some wait time may occur.
• Large bags, backpacks and oversized purses not permitted inside Acropolis.
• Ongoing restorations are frequently in progress at ruins.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guide will not return to port; an escort will assist with transfer.
• Guests failing to meet return coach are responsible for finding their own way back to ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.