Enjoy the flavours of the island with a tour that will take you to the northeastern area of Tenerife, visiting La Laguna on a walking tour along the way, and continuing to a region renowned for its outstanding wines. Be delighted tasting wines grown between the breathtaking unique backdrops, and visiting the Bodegas Alvaro and Wine Museum in El Sauzal.
Take in the flavor of Tenerife during this half-day tour of a World Heritage Site, a famous bodega and a wine museum.
Depart the pier by air-conditioned coach to La Laguna, which is currently Tenerife's second most important city and a World Heritage Site. It used to be the capital of the island and it is located just inland from the current capital city, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. It is also considered the cultural and religious capital, due to the fact that it lodges the San Fernando University and the Bishop's Palace. The whole town is full of outstanding architectural monuments, palaces and traditional houses from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Upon arrival in La Laguna, go ona walking tour with your guide from Plaza del Adelantado towards the church of the convent of Santa Catalina. Stroll along at Calle de San Agustin and see the façade of the Episcopal Palace, the Lercaro Palace and enjoy a short visit of the popular market.
The tour continues to the northeastern area of Tenerife, currently known for its outstanding wines. Here you have a perfect opportunity to discover the wines this land offers with a visit to the famous Bodegas Alvaro, where an aperitif with different sorts of wines will be served.
Leaving Bodegas Alvaro, travel towards El Sauzal for a visit to the wine museum, La Casa del Vino located in an old traditional house from the 17th century. From the museum’s terrace, you may enjoy the scenic views over the north coast. The museum contains thematic lounges, photographs, audio-visual releases and a great exposition about the vineyards and wine culture in Tenerife and the Canary Islands.
After this visit, return to the pier.
• Walking tour of La Laguna, a World Heritage Site
• Visit famous Bodega with aperitifs and wine served
• Visit to wine museum Casa del Vino
What to Bring:
• You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
• Camera and credit card or local currency for souvenirs or snacks.
• Sun protection, sunglasses, and bottled water as it can be quite warm / sunny in Tenerife.
What to Wear:
• Strongly recommend wearing seasonal clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
• Tour involves a moderate amount of walking and is not recommended for guests with limited mobility or for those who utilize a wheelchair.
• The air-conditioned coach is equipped with safety belts that must be worn while the coach is underway.