Uncover Pompeii’s poignant history as you explore the remnants of the ancient Roman city at your own pace, with the convenience of arranged transportation. Walk among the archeological ruins of the ancient city destroyed and buried by 20 feet of volcanic ash and pumice when nearby Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD. See how wealthy patricians escaped the turmoil of Rome, with their mansions, art, elaborate baths, and streets with raised pavements and stepping stones.
• Pompeii Destruction: See the sophisticated streets, Roman baths temples, and mansions of the wealthy, all destroyed by Mount Vesuvius.
• Self-Guided Tour: Pick up a map at the ticket office and explore the sprawling excavation site at your own pace.
• Scheduled Transfer: Discover the sights, architecture, and culture behind a formerly thriving Pompeii before being safely escorted back to port.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Kids Tour Free: Offer applies to select tours conducted between 5/1/16 and 8/31/16. With the purchase of one adult ticket for a qualifying tour, receive one complimentary child ticket for the same tour. Offer applies to tours purchased up to two days prior to cruise departure: the complimentary ticket will be issued in the form of an onboard credit (“OBC”) in the amount of the child ticket price. Child must be 12 years of age or under. Ticketed adult and child must be booked in the same stateroom. Selection of qualifying tours vary by sailing and port. Offer and tours are subject to availability. OBC will be applied to the guest's folio, is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferrable, and will expire at 10:00PM on the final night of the sailing. No tour substitutions.
• Access to the site cannot be guaranteed due to long lines which is beyond the control of the local operator and Royal Caribbean International.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Tour does not include entrance tickets to Pompeii Archeological Site.
• If available, Map of site provided at ticket office
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over cobblestones and uneven ground including a steep incline at entrance with 20-25 steps.
• Guests failing to meet return bus are responsible for finding their own way back to ship.
• Drive between Salerno and Pompeii approximately 45 minutes each way.
• For security reasons, it is forbidden to enter Pompeii excavations with big bags, backpacks or trolleys. Please be aware that lockers are not available at the entrance of excavations.